Voices of Hope for Aphasia is currently seeking highly qualified candidates for:
– EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
– PROGRAM SITE & STARS COORDINATOR
See below for details.
Voices of Hope for Aphasia is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides innovative programs for people with aphasia and other communication disabilities. We help people living with aphasia re-connect with their lives through supported activities and educational programs.
We are seeking a full-time Executive Director. The Executive Director will implement the strategic plan of the organization including fund-raising and development, community and public relations and marketing, human resource management, and organizational leadership. The Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors.
Please consult our website for more information about our organization: www.vohaphasia.org
Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent education and experience) in business administration or related field. Desired: experience in fund-raising and marketing.
See the Executive Director job description (below) for all qualifications and duties.
To apply, send an application letter describing how you can help further the mission of Voices of Hope for Aphasia, along with a complete resume and three references, to:
Board of Directors
Voices of Hope for Aphasia
Or mail to:
200 2nd Ave. S, #449
St Petersburg, FL 33701
The position will remain open until filled. Applications will be acknowledged and reviewed in the order received.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Voices of Hope for Aphasia. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the staff, administration, programs, fundraising, marketing and community outreach. Other key duties include annual operational planning and assisting the board in strategic planning. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Board Interaction: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading Voices of Hope for Aphasia in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Voices of Hope for Aphasia, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Voices of Hope for Aphasia’s mission.
- Oversee annual Gala
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, operational planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of Voices of Hope for Aphasia’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for annual operational plan (budget) to ensure that Voices of Hope for Aphasia can successfully fulfill its Mission.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Voices of Hope for Aphasia’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for effective administration of Voices of Hope for Aphasia operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years nonprofit senior management experience
- First hand experience with people with aphasia
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of Voices of Hope for Aphasia’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Serving as Voices of Hope for Aphasia’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the region and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Voices of Hope for Aphasia’s Mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization throughout the state.
- Supervise and collaborate with organization staff.
- Activities and projects planning and implementation
- Attend organization Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Publish annual report
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Compensation commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Quality benefits package includes health and PTO.
PROGRAM SITE and STARS COORDINATOR
Voices of Hope for Aphasia is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides innovative programs for people with aphasia and other communication disabilities. We help people, living with aphasia, re-connect with their lives through supported activities and educational programs.
We are seeking a part-time program coordinator. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of our ongoing programs, including planning, supervising, and implementing group activities and outing. The responsibilities also include developing, coordinating, implementing and overseeing programming related to the STARS Program for Voices of Hope for Aphasia Inc. at one (or more) program sites in order to meet the Vision and Mission of the organization. The Program Site and STARS Coordinator will report to the Executive Director, and will contribute to the development of all programs in our growing organization. As Program Coordinator, they will supervise, train, and evaluate the performance of all volunteers who help within the program.
Please read our website to get more information about our organization.
Minimum education: Master’s Degree in Communication Disorders or related field; CCC-SLP preferred but will consider CFY; Florida state license; preferred experience running aphasia groups and using and training supported communication.
For more details about the function, duties, and qualifications for the role, please click for the Job Description.
To apply, send an application letter describing how you can help further the mission of Voices of Hope for Aphasia, along with a complete resume and three references, to email@example.com. Please specify the position for which you are applying (Program Site and STARS Coordinator)
Or send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to:
200 2nd Ave South, #449
St Petersburg, FL 33701
Ongoing review of applications.