NEXT WORKSHOP: April 2 & 3, 2020 at Addington Place at College Harbor
This interactive, 8-hour event will help you:
- Understand aphasia and its impact on family communication
- Learn supported communication techniques that will help you and your family communicate more effectively
- Find resources that you need to make your life with aphasia easier and happier
- Leave with a personalized set of tools and strategies to use at home. Complete manual, ready to share with others, is yours to take home.
Here’s what people say about this workshop:
- “We want to thank you for your wonderful presentation on Aphasia. It enlightened and reassured us on many different levels. We are grateful and reward you for your knowledge and constant compassion.”
- “As full-time caregiver to my stroke survivor husband, I attend all his therapy sessions, attempting to gain information and tools to support his recovery. The “I Have Aphasia… Now What?” workshop was incredibly valuable…The experiential activities we participated in allowed my empathy to expand exponentially, increasing my patience immeasurably toward my husband’s inability to get even the simplest of words out…I highly recommend this invaluable, compassionate program to those living with someone going through the trials of aphasia.”
- “This workshop was great and very helpful. I will be using a lot.
- “Everything was very helpful and you two were great.”
- “We loved all of it!”
- “Great experience! I cannot wait to tell others in the group!”
- “Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge.”
This special aphasia workshop is led by certified, licensed and experienced speech-language pathologists. Refreshments, lunch, and a resource book will be provided for each participant.
Call 727.249.1953 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.