NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE!
Even prior to the pandemic, doctors, nurses, and Speech-Language Pathologists often can’t spend the time they would like to educate you on this new, little-known condition. Now, visiting hours are restricted so education is even more limited. This workshop is aimed to help fill in the gap and answer your questions – whether you received a diagnosis of aphasia a month ago or 10 years ago!
We have adapted our family workshop to be delivered from the safety of your own home! New dates are added all the time, so stay up-to-date by registering for our newsletter!
The 8-hour, in-person workshop will return when it is safe to meet in groups again. In the mean time, we have adapted the popular workshop into a 4-hour “LITE” session that can be delivered online.
The interactive, 2-day workshop provides education, support, and strategies for the entire family unit. Over the course of 4-hours, spouses, parents, children, and loved ones get a chance to learn about aphasia, feel what it might be like to have aphasia, and ask questions about their experiences and challenges with aphasia.
We limit the number of families per session so we can spend the time to answer your questions and give you an opportunity to share and learn from others, so SIGN UP NOW! You must commit to attending both days of the workshop – two dates are now available, more will be announced soon.
The workshop is conducted on two days, one week apart. This allows you to process the information and collect questions and thoughts for the second day. We want you to have lots of questions!
Each day is two hours long with a 10-minute break in the middle. Pick from weekday mornings, weekday evenings, or weekends! To register, click on your preferred date:
All sessions are currently sold-out – please check back for more dates
IN PERSON WORKSHOP:
This interactive, 8-hour event will help you:
- Understand aphasia and its impact on family communication
- Learn supported communication techniques that will help you and your family communicate more effectively
- Find resources that you need to make your life with aphasia easier and happier
- Leave with a personalized set of tools and strategies to use at home. Complete manual, ready to share with others, is yours to take home.
Here’s what people say about this workshop:
- “We want to thank you for your wonderful presentation on Aphasia. It enlightened and reassured us on many different levels. We are grateful and reward you for your knowledge and constant compassion.”
- “As full-time caregiver to my stroke survivor husband, I attend all his therapy sessions, attempting to gain information and tools to support his recovery. The “I Have Aphasia… Now What?” workshop was incredibly valuable…The experiential activities we participated in allowed my empathy to expand exponentially, increasing my patience immeasurably toward my husband’s inability to get even the simplest of words out…I highly recommend this invaluable, compassionate program to those living with someone going through the trials of aphasia.”
- “This workshop was great and very helpful. I will be using a lot.
- “Everything was very helpful and you two were great.”
- “We loved all of it!”
- “Great experience! I cannot wait to tell others in the group!”
- “Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge.”
This special aphasia workshop is led by certified, licensed and experienced speech-language pathologists. Refreshments*, lunch*, and a resource book will be provided for each family.
*for in-person meetings
Call 727.249.1953 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Thank you to our workshop sponsors: