This special no-cost aphasia workshop is led by certified, licensed and experienced speech-language pathologists. Refreshments, lunch, and a resource book will be provided for each participant.
This interactive, 8-hour event will help you:
- Understand aphasia and its impact on family communication
- Learn supported communication techniques that will help you and your family communicate more effectively
- Find resources that you need to make your life with aphasia easier and happier
- Leave with a personalized set of tools and strategies to use at home. Complete manual, ready to share with others, is yours to take home.
As full-time caregiver to my stroke survivor husband, I attend all his therapy sessions, attempting to gain information and tools to support his recovery. The “I Have Aphasia… Now What?” workshop was incredibly valuable…The experiential activities we participated in allowed my empathy to expand exponentially, increasing my patience immeasurably toward my husband’s inability to get even the simplest of words out…I highly recommend this invaluable, compassionate program to those living with someone going through the trials of aphasia.
Save the date for our upcoming “I Have Aphasia Now What?” 2 day workshops.
- August 18 & 19 – UF Health in Gainesville, FL
- September 7 & 8 – Largo Medical Center Indian Rocks
- October 5 & 6 (tentative) – Blake Medical Center in Bradenton, FL
Call 727.249.1953 or email us at email@example.com with questions.